Indian Govt has extended Lockdown till 3rd May 2020. Based on the success of control mechanisms of lockdown, conditional withdrawal expected from 20th April 2020
The entire country has been marked with different containment zones basis reporting of COVID-19 infections. There will be restrictions on the movement of goods through these zones. States and Districts will be closely monitored till 20th April,
The current situation on India Lockdown is as follows
- All international and domestic air travel will remain suspended till 3rd May 2020.
- Freighter options available with some limitations due to labor shortage.
- All passenger trains will remain suspended till 3rd May 2020.
- All ports terminals, CFS and some ICD are now functional but with some limitations on activities due to shortage of labor.
- There will be void calling/ blank sailing due to the non-availability of export cargoes.
- Import cargo is facing extremely limited evacuation, container yards at CFSs are almost full with a possibility of congestion if the evacuation does not speed up in coming days
- General cargoes are not reaching to the ports due to a shortage of labor drivers and workers.
- The cargo movement may start very slowly after 20th April
- Medical Services and Food Supplies are fully functional
Find complete guideline issued by the Government of India Here:
We will continue to update you on the India lockdown situation.