Indian govt. announced lockdown 5.0 till June 30 in containment zones on Saturday, 30th May. The Ministry of Home Affairs, India issued fresh guidelines for re-opening of all activities outside containment zones in a phased manner.
According to the new advisory, all worship places, shopping malls, hotels, and the hospitality sector can reopen from June 8. Also, the night curfew has been relaxed from 9 pm to 5 am, which means that the movement of individuals during this time will be prohibited across the country, except for essential services. The new advisory stated that there is no permission required anymore for interstate travel.
Relaxation related to the movement of person & goods:
- Inter-State and Intra-State movement of all trucks and other goods carrier vehicles will be allowed. Both the essential and non-essential goods will be allowed without any further approval.
- No travel pass required for any individual for inter-state movement.
- International passenger flights remain suspended. However, freighters are operating from major airports with reduced frequency.
- Domestic passenger flights are operational with reduced frequency.
- Transportation of cargo by road is slowly getting back to normal but the shortage of drivers continues to impact movements.
- All customs related activities are fully operational.
- There are no major impacts on exports, shipments are moving smoothly.
- Public transportation by Bus and Metro will remain restricted until the next order.
- All ports are operational but delay expected due to the non-evacuation of import containers.
- All CFS’s are open but there is a huge pendency of un-cleared import shipments resulting space shortage.
Reopening is divided into three phases.
- In Phase, I, religious places of worship, hotels, restaurants, and other hospitality services & shopping malls outside containment zones, will be allowed from June 8.
- Phase II, schools, colleges, and other education institutes will be opened after consulting from parents and stakeholders of institutes. Based on feedback the decision of reopening will be taken in July.
- Based on the assessment of the situation, the government will decide dates for re-starting services of the following activities in Phase III:
A. International flights
B. Metro rail
C. Cinema halls, gymnasiums, swimming pools, entertainment parks, bars and auditoriums, assembly halls, and similar places.
D. Social, political, sports, entertainment, academic, cultural, religious functions and other large congregations will remain out of bound.
Read the official guidelines related to Lockdown 5.0: Click Here