India reported 9,195 new coronavirus cases on Wednesday, according to the health ministry. The active caseload of the country now stands at 77,002. Omicron cases have risen to 781 and at least 241 have recovered, the ministry has said.
Delhi and Mumbai yesterday registered a 50 percent and 70 percent jump in coronavirus cases in the last 24 hours. Mumbai reported 1,377 cases while Delhi reported 496 cases. The cities recorded one death each. Rajasthan has reported 69 cases of the Omicron variant so far, including 46 cases that were reported earlier. The state now has 438 active Covid-19 cases including 75 from Jaipur.
Many Indian states have imposed fresh Covid Curbs to control the situation.
- Gathering of more than 5 persons in public places is prohibited from 9 pm-6 am
- Only 100 people are allowed in indoor weddings and 250 people allowed in outdoor weddings
- 50% capacity for gyms, spa, hotel, cinema hall, and theatre.
Mumbai Airport: Travellers boarding a flight in Dubai and landing at Mumbai airport will now be required to compulsorily undergo a seven-day home quarantine.
There will be no need to get an RT-PCR test done on arrival but will be tested after seven days. If test negative, the passengers will be required to self-monitor for seven more days. If the test comes positive, they will be shifted to an institutional quarantine facility.
Delhi: Delhi government has imposed fresh Covid Curbs in the national capital.
- Night curfew from 10 pm-5 am
- Under Yellow alert, private offices are allowed to open from 9 am to 5 pm with 50% capacity.
- Restaurants will open with half of their capacity from 8 am to 10 pm. Bars are permitted with 50% capacity from 12 noon to 10 pm.
- The central government offices in Delhi will function according to the orders released by the Indian government.
- Delhi Metro will run with 50% seating capacity, no standing traveler will be allowed. Interstate buses will run with 50% seating capacity, while only two passengers will be allowed to travel in auto, e-rickshaw, taxi, and cycle rickshaws.
- Only 20 persons will be allowed in marriages and funerals. Social, political, cultural, religious and festival events will be prohibited.
Rajasthan: The Rajasthan government on Wednesday ordered to implement an 11 pm-5 am night curfew and made it mandatory for people to have both vaccine doses to enter schools, colleges, cinema halls, malls, and markets. The government has also imposed a limit of 200 people on any gathering in the state.
As per the guidelines issued by the government,
- The educational and non-educational staff of all universities, colleges, schools and coaching institutes, students above 18 years of age, and drivers of transport vehicles have to mandatorily get both doses of the vaccine.
- All cinema halls, theatres, and multiplexes in the state will be allowed to stay open till 10 pm for adults who have received both doses of the vaccine from January 3. These premises will also cap the number of people at 50% of its capacity.
- After January 31, 2022, only those with both doses will be allowed at public places and if any violation is found, the head of the institution or operator will be penalized.
- Night curfew in the state from December 25, from 11 pm-5 am
- The cap on the number of people attending social events like marriages has been limited to 200.
- CM also asked the officials to ensure all traders follow the “no mask, no goods” policy at their establishments
Haryana: The Haryana government, announced the state has imposed a night curfew from 11 pm to 5 am amid rising cases of the highly contagious Omicron variant of Covid.
The Odisha government has decided to impose additional fresh Covid Curbs on the eve of New Year Celebrations to 2 January.
New rules here:
- Night celebrations on New Year have been banned in hotels, clubs, restaurants, parks, convention halls, and other public places across the state.
- No celebrations except marriages are allowed across the state.
The state government has imposed a night curfew from 11 pm to 5 am till further orders.
The night curfew from 11 pm to 5 am in eight cities of Gujarat – Ahmedabad, Vadodara, Surat, Rajkot, Bhavnagar, Jamnagar, Gandhinagar, and Junagadh – has been imposed.
The curfew timing was recently reduced to be in place from 1 am till 5 am.
Ministry of Health and Family Welfare pre-emptively advised States on 21st December -to impose restrictions like night curfew, regulating large gatherings. increase bed capacity and other logistics and strict enforcement of COVID appropriate behavior
Read more news: https://www.bdginternational.in/logistics-trade-compliance-news/